History, Mission, & Values
The Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Toronto, on behalf of the Catholic community is committed to providing social services that protect children and strengthen family life.
The Society first opened its doors in 1894 as the St. Vincent de Paul Children’s Aid Society to address community concerns over the needs of orphans and neglected children. We began with one paid employee and grew rapidly to meet the increasing needs of the Catholic population. Today, CCAS employs approximately 400 full-time staff, including more than 250 child protection workers.